Home > The Dialogue > How Do You Refresh?
The Dialogue
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:19 PM
How Do You Refresh?

What do you do to clear your mind in your everyday life?

Christopher Kijowski - 5/27/2006 12:19:31 PM
I take time for myself everyday in one form or another. My day starts with yoga. I think about the upcoming weekend and the fun I will have paddling my kayak. I finish the day with meditation.
Sherri Foster - 5/18/2006 9:46:14 AM
In the middle of the work day, I escape my dark cubicle and sit outside in the sun. Taking deep breathes, feeling the sun on my skin, just decompressing in nature for even 5 minutes makes everything easier! Oh, and I walk...even tried skipping on the path the other night. Try THAT in public and see if it doesn't clear your mind!
Beth - 5/16/2006 6:43:53 PM
Time spent with animals -- "fur therapy" -- clears my head better than anything else because I find it very hard to play with an animal and think about other things at the same time. Don't believe me? Try playing tug-of-war with a golden retriever and grousing about your job at the same time. Or pet a purring cat and vent about your significant other at the same time. Pretty sure it can't be done.
Joe - 5/14/2006 9:18:44 AM
I go for ride on my bicycle. Of course the hardest part of that is getting out the door, but once I commit to that, I can challenge myself to go that extra mile or so. Once ou there I have to forget that design I didn't get done, or that letter that must be done. I concentrate on riding or get run over by some YP trying to get their BMW to the gas station first. By the time I get home and shower, I get my obligations done faster and better than if I stay and force the time.
Jen - 5/8/2006 2:03:46 AM
I write in my own blog about whatever I feel like; nothing business, nothing stressful, a creative outlet which is all my own...its very important....
Richard Bergsma - 4/28/2006 2:46:12 PM
I laugh. Simply that. A good laugh can break up the day and completely change the mood in a room.
Michelle Beaman - 4/24/2006 4:24:38 PM
Every day I take my little maltipoo, Avalanche, to the dog park for 30 minutes. He's got the personality to fit the name. It's a great time-out to recharge mid-workday and I really learn a thing or two about life from watching the little bugger with his friends.
Laura Bergells - 4/21/2006 1:41:46 PM
The "refresh" button on my browser looks the chasing green arrows of the recycling and ecology movement. Ecology = Nature. Nature = Refreshing. Earth Day Coincidence? Can you clear your mind by clearing your browser? Hit the "Refresh" button and see!
Vishal Das - 4/21/2006 5:20:13 AM
I lie back, close my eyes, visualise a favorite scenery (Switzerland alps for me!), inhale deeply, exhale slowly- twice as long as inhaling, and repeat 20 times. I feel like ive just returned from a short vacation.
Greg Lumpkin - 4/20/2006 12:40:03 PM
I go home and play with my 21-month old daughter Savannah Louise. She helps me to remember what is truly important in life.

Comments: