Happy national boss day
Curt Rosengren on Business
Happy National Boss Day!
In anticipation of the occasion, The Seattle Times asked readers to share stories of bosses they've loved and bosses they've hated.
They ended up with some shake-yer-head-in-disbelief stories, and some touching stories.
How about you? Any stories about your favorite boss, or the boss from hell? What has made your best bosses so good? What has made your worst bosses so bad?
While we're on the subject, Ajilon Professional Staffing just released the results of a survey of American workers (625 respondents) where they found that:
* 54% felt that, 'You could never pay me enough to take my boss' job.'
* Women felt this aversion much more strongly (68%) than men (42%).
* Employees were more likely to pity their bosses than to envy them (21% vs. 8%).
* 30% rate their bosses as a 'champion' 11% as 'hopeless,' and 50% describe them as 'adequate.'
* Only 29% of American employees surveyed believe their boss truly looks out for them.