Home > Blog > Virtual Focus Group, Part II
Friday, September 16, 2005 8:04 AM
Virtual Focus Group, Part II
Anita Sharpe on Creativity

A couple of months ago, we asked all of you to weigh in on your favorite Worthwhile cover. The Premiere issue cover (left) featuring the Life is Good founders was the overwhelming favorite. Now, a lot of people are telling us that they like the current cover with Stedman Graham (right) as well or even better.

We'd love to hear your thoughts -- as well as any other comments you have about the magazine or suggestions for people to feature on the cover. Thanks!

Jeffrey - 9/19/2005 4:28:28 PM
I'd worry less about cover art and more about content, a more unique page layout and design that reflects a distinctive voice and look than what you currently offer. And please get rid of the high-gloss paper. It is very difficult to read off of with any light shining on it.
Ro - 9/16/2005 6:05:52 PM
I agree with Jerrome. The premier issue caught my eye across the checkstands at the grocery and I bought it on the spot -- didn't event open it -- just judged it by the energy on the cover.

This issue intrigues me -- I want to see more (still waiting for mine in the mail).... I want to know what's in that guy's head.
Jerrome - 9/16/2005 11:10:06 AM
I think they both work -- but for different reasons. The first cover has great energy and pop to it. I remember seeing it in Barnes + Noble and thinking I had to pick it up because it had great energy.

The current cover is intriguing. I love the modern feel of its cover lines (especially the stuff at the bottom). I also have to say that for a business magazine to have a person of color on the cover is pretty damn cool
j - 9/16/2005 10:40:42 AM
Ok since you asked here goes...
I didn't know about Worthwhile when the premiere issue came out but I really like the cover. That said, I have seen all the issues since and, for purely personal reasons I like the one with Stedman Graham on it. I say that because I am in the same issue and it is an honour to be included in an issue with Mr. Graham on the cover!
In truth I like the image presented with the first issue best thus far....
Keep up the great work.
Living la vida fearless,
Jan
www.tobeyourbest.net
anita - 9/16/2005 8:46:38 AM
DK -- We're offering Candadian subscriptions and we have been sending the magazine to individuals around the world who agree to pay the extra postage.
DK - 9/16/2005 8:28:41 AM
My only comment is something I've raised before: still no international subscription options?

DK