Home > Blog > Pardon My Excitement
Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:54 PM
Pardon My Excitement
Kevin Salwen on Passionate Work

Worthwhile magazine hit newsstands over the past couple of days and, if I can be so bold, I'M EXCITED. Anita and I have been at this since the summer of 2003, and have been blown away by the support and encouragement of people we knew before and a ton of others who have become new friends. We started with the concept of creating a completely different kind of business magazine -- one that would focus on the heart and soul of business, that would help people infuse their careers with purpose and passion as well as profit.

Now, in thousands of places around the U.S., I can walk into a Barnes + Noble or Borders or Books-a-Million or Joe Muggs or Bookland or B. Dalton and there we are! I've been in the publishing business for more than two decades, so I shouldn't be so ga-ga over this, but I'm blown away by how fun it is to see Worthwhile on the newsstand. Check it out at a store near you!

Kevin - 11/30/2004 4:01:07 PM
Thanks, Rodney. Great to hear from you.
Rodney Smith - 11/29/2004 9:29:20 PM
The Mag looks great. Best wishes for a long term success. Rodney Smith
Victor Ramayrat - 11/28/2004 11:24:37 PM
Thank you for your wit, genius, and inspiration. I've written quite some good words about the magazine in my blawg and I could not wait for the next issue.

I hope your company thrives!
Martha Eskew - 11/19/2004 3:32:19 PM
As a consultant and coach to organizations and the executives in those organizations, this is a breath of fresh air and an affirmation that people are truly ready to bring soul into the work place. I am sending a copy to all my clients.
Kevin - 11/19/2004 8:35:24 AM
Great thoughts and wishes, folks. And cool to see Mike Kavanagh, one of the smartest financial people I know, come onto the Worthwhile site.
Troy Worman - 11/18/2004 11:00:20 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to receive my copy.
Brian - 11/18/2004 9:15:42 PM
Browsing the mag rack as I do 'joy' caught my attention. I've been studying the nature of organizational life for some time. I discovered that joy is what we get when our work transforms our enthusiasm into something that generates real value in the life of those we seek to benefit. Get ready for a steady flow of joy.
Mike Kavanagh - 11/18/2004 5:53:24 PM
What a neat new mag! Congrats on a refreshing concept. I look forward to new issues for many years to come!!!
anita - 11/17/2004 9:54:06 PM
Laurel -- THANK YOU!
Laurel Delaney - 11/17/2004 4:40:46 PM
You cannot rest on your laurels. You've got to keep working and think even BIGGER. I was just in Ireland and did not see 'Worthwhile' on the newsstands. All (kidding) pushing aside, congratulations to you and your team on the birth of the best magazine on the planet! I am a subscriber and I will tell everyone on this blog: read and subscribe to 'Worthwhile!'

Kevin - 11/17/2004 12:21:18 PM
Thanks, David. Glad we caught your attention among all the screaming on the newsstand these days!
David - 11/17/2004 8:26:40 AM
Perusing the newsstand for something to read for the train ride home, I picked up the premiere issue. 'Joy + Meaning' caught my attention out, and I opened the cover to run down the table of contents. The purchase remained in my book bag for the ride in today, and being the computer nerd that I am, I thought I'd look up the website for the magazine. So here I am. And Congratulations on a great magazine!

Comments: