Home > Blog > Thought for the Day: Friday
Friday, October 08, 2004 11:30 AM
Thought for the Day: Friday
Anita Sharpe on Health & Wellness

'One of the things that detracts from self-esteem is blaming someone else -- blaming the weather, blaming this, blaming that. High performance people do not do that. These people view life as something to be lived joyously, impeccably, and they go through it having fun. If you keep programming your unconscious that everything is going to have to be hard work, then it becomes just that, and success becomes difficult.' Psychologist/entrepreneur Lee Pulos (from Thinking Allowed)

Brian - 10/11/2004 10:52:50 AM
Also, remember that you can love what you do, but not like your job.
poet - 10/9/2004 12:53:43 AM
yeah but what if you like doing lots of things? not very well?
Jory Des Jardins - 10/8/2004 4:44:51 PM
When I entered the working world I took the word 'work' way too literally. I wanted a fun career, but thought it needed to be painful in order for it to feel 'earned'. Likewise, when peers told me they were enjoying their jobs, that's not what they meant, really. They meant they were enjoying the pay/promotion/access in their chosen industry. It's occurring to me lately that, when choosing a vocation, you should start with what you enjoy. It took me 30-some-odd years to get that!
Troy Worman - 10/8/2004 1:51:16 PM
I agree! One of my favorite quotes follows.

'People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.' -- Abraham Lincoln
Laurel Delaney - 10/8/2004 1:10:26 PM
I could not agree more. And one of my favorite quotes that is right in line with Lee's remark is:

'People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them.' -- George Bernard Shaw

Comments: