Home > Blog > Send us your nominations
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 11:16 AM
Send us your nominations
Anita Sharpe on Life

Kevin and I and the rest of us at Worthwhile loved Kate Yandoh's item yesterday on best 'at-bat' songs. We're looking at compiling a top 40 list of these songs for the print magazine.

Think about songs that always get you fired up to give a presentation, make a sales call, write a marketing plan, paint a picture, run a 10K -- or hit a home run. You can nominate a song (please include the name of the artist) through the comment section on this site or email it to us at worthwhile@dash30.com. Thanks!

HGH - 2/24/2005 8:41:01 PM
HGH Product Pro HGH http://www.hghplanet.com/hgh_product.html
gus moreno - 11/7/2004 12:33:03 PM
the best fired up song is 'eye of the tiger' from the movie rocky
Andertoons - 9/3/2004 1:38:35 PM
'Big Time' by Peter Gabriel!

'I'm on my way, I'm making it. (Grunt!)'

Talk about motivating! I always crank that one up before any really important stuff.
Josh Katinger - 9/2/2004 8:31:15 AM
AC/DC - 'Thunderstuck' It has such build up...it is the ULTIMATE pump up song.
Joan - 9/1/2004 5:02:02 PM
Aretha. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

sockittome sockittome sockittome sockittome
Brenda - 9/1/2004 9:42:25 AM
All Star by Smash Mouth

You can't just sit there listening to that one!
Kevin - 9/1/2004 9:09:31 AM
Anybody nicknamed 'The Boss' has got to be on this list: I vote for Springsteen's 'Rosalita.' It's got that great taunting 'Your papa says he knows that I don't make any money' just before 'The record company, Rosie, just gave me a big advance.' Take that!!!
Charlie - 8/31/2004 5:23:35 PM
Ever since getting fired up for playing football in highschool and college, it was always, '2120 South Michigan Avenue by the Rolling Stones. It is on the 12 x 5 album. I would love to get my hands on that song again!
Heath Row - 8/31/2004 4:18:28 PM
What a fun idea! Fast Company did a similar exercise back in July -- http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/84/open_starbucks_soundtrack.html -- and we'll be releasing the reader-generated playlist soon.
Charlie - 8/31/2004 4:13:54 PM
Nick - 8/31/2004 3:37:45 PM
Bonnie Taylor - Holding out for a Hero

Who doesn't want to be a hero?
Joe Taylor Jr. - 8/31/2004 2:38:53 PM
The remix of 'A Little Less Conversation' blasts around our office when we're about to go sign a new client or book a big venue we've never worked before...

Laura - 8/31/2004 1:55:08 PM
I often think of Blur's 'Song 2', which you might know as the Woohoo song, just before or even after a presentation. Most recently though, I was humming 'We're off to see the Wizard...' just before pitching to a investment fund for seed funding. Seems appropriate to me!

Comments: