Home > Blog > Our (Good) Problem
Wednesday, August 18, 2004 11:33 AM
Our (Good) Problem
Anita Sharpe on Business

Kevin's 'shameless plug' must be working -- we've been getting lots of subscriptions for the print magazine.

Here's what we didn't expect: that we would have so many people outside the U.S. interested in subscribing. (Particularly from Australia -- we love the Aussies!)

Bear with us as we work with our printer and fulfillment company to address the international requests. In the meantime, a form will soon go up in the subscription area to collect addresses (but no money) from people outside the U.S. interested in getting the magazine.

Thanks!

HGH - 2/24/2005 8:31:45 PM
Super HGH HGH Product HGH Growth Hormone http://www.hghplanet.com/super_hgh.html http://www.hghplanet.com/vital_hgh.html
Nishad - 8/19/2004 2:01:38 AM
Maybe a PDF version.

I am in India and I read Scientific American by downloading a PDF, otherwise the wait and the cost (Wired for instance is a mere 12$ subscription in the US. I spend more on a single issue) makes it impossible to get all the stuff you'd otherwise love to read.

Thanks
Tim Harding - 8/18/2004 4:12:59 PM
I'd rather have paper. I self selected Zinio for a Macworld subscription which has been running a few months.

While the Zinio mag looks great at a distance it has some serious readability issues, I can only liken it to reading a magazine through a keyhole while tying to manipulate the pages with a robot arm.

Possibly this is because I've got a laptop with a 1024x768 resolution but that's not very unusual.

Please try actually reading through a magazine or two using Zinio on a variety of machines and display sizes before you sign up.

Generally I'd prefer HTML to Zinio as lots of time and effort has gone into making HTML good to read and navigate on computers.

I'll be up for a paper delivery subscription to London when I get there.

Thanks and good luck.
anita - 8/18/2004 3:50:42 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Someone else also mentioned Zinio which sounds like a great solution.
Heath Row - 8/18/2004 3:08:24 PM
Best of luck, Anita. Just signed up myself!
Mrs. R. - 8/18/2004 2:57:02 PM
Umm, what about a Zinio subscription? Readers get the look of the paper-based publication but it comes over the internet - no international shipping hassles! If you offered a Zinio version I'd subscribe in a flash!
Mrs. R., from Canada
bg - 8/18/2004 2:26:28 PM
I attempted to subscribe but got an error about my credit card address not matching my subscription address. They're both the same as far as I know.
Monique - 8/18/2004 1:04:30 PM
Curt Rosengren gave you a shameless plug as well over at his site The Occupational Adventure. That is how I first found out you were acccepting subscriptions. Oh yes - I plan to subscribe. Thank you for such a great site. Curt has a great site too. There goes my shameless plug.

Comments: