Home > Blog > Education Creativity Run Amok?
Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:35 PM
Education Creativity Run Amok?
Kevin Salwen on Creativity

I'm a big fan of experiential learning. But I guess some people have stricter limits than I do on its place in schools. The school board in this case made its view known.

Human Growth Hormone - 2/24/2005 4:06:54 PM
Cheap HGH http://www.hghadvisor.com/anti_aging_hgh.html
Eric - 6/12/2004 9:57:22 AM
Who will they hold accountable when those kids are chugging a gallon of beer next year?
lee - 6/11/2004 12:05:32 PM
I will bet that these kids learned a whole lot more about chemistry drinking milk than through some dusty old textbook. This generation has grown up with experiential this and that and interactive this and that. Textbooks are out of date. I think kids should learn about chemistry, history, etc but I think schools need flexibility to TEACH.
Brian - 6/10/2004 9:48:02 PM
Education is already a form of experimental learning in which 'creatvity' has run amok.
Ty Moddelmog - 6/10/2004 2:45:39 PM
Were the students forced to conduct the experiment? The article doesn't say. But let them drink milk. Vomiting is an experience not easily forgotten, so I'd have call the experiment a valuable learning experience. Hour-long lectures on acidic reactions are a far greater crime to humanity.
Tom - 6/10/2004 2:43:57 PM
Also recently, a teacher in Rochester, NY was suspended for literally washing a student's mouth out with soap after he made a nasty comment about a female student. She felt it was better to do that than to suspend the student for five school days and is petitioning to get her job back, citing several parents who agree with her.

Comments: