Home > Blog > SAVING THE WORLD, ONE LONG-LUNCH AT A TIME
Tuesday, April 27, 2004 2:32 PM
SAVING THE WORLD, ONE LONG-LUNCH AT A TIME
Anita Sharpe on Making a Difference

One of our readers, Rick Gove, posted a comment I want to highlight, because he's right:

'I guess it's OK to do good (and well) and be stuffy, self-righteous and controlling, but my favorite companies make a point to have fun. Long lunches, unanticipated time off and just plain silliness make Jack and Jane not-so-dull and productive employees. And they, as well as the company's products/actions, have an effect on the world around them.

'I propose that turning fun and/or funny employees loose on the world is supremely socially responsible. I say let's examine companies for a funny bone. No funny bone, no 'good company' award. Is that humerus?'

Maybe it's because I have tea on my mind after writing about Seth Goldman, but this reminded me of something entrepreneur Mel Ziegler (who also founded Banana-Republic) wrote in his book The Republic of Tea about launching a company of the same name: '. . .we will not simply yield to the winds and become yet another socially responsible business in the same mold -- social action, cause marketing, etc. For us, it's not about changing the planet. It's about changing ourselves, counting on the fact that if we as individuals truly change, sooner or later our planet must change with us.'

Human Growth Hormone - 2/24/2005 2:53:16 PM
Human Growth Hormone Human Growth Hormone Supplement Growth Hormones HGH http://www.hghadvisor.com/hgh_hormone.html Bovine Growth Hormone Doctor Recommended HGH HGH Shop http://www.hghadvisor.com/buy_growth_hormone.html HGH Sprays HGH 15
Troy Worman - 12/31/2004 4:45:48 PM
Get positive!

Go to:
Http://tsunamireleft@blogspot.com
Troy Worman - 12/31/2004 4:45:06 PM
Get positive!

Go to:
Http://tsunamireleft@blogspot.com
lee wilder - 4/27/2004 4:50:50 PM
and having my computer post the same message 3x is NOT funny. harrumph.
lee wilder - 4/27/2004 4:20:49 PM
I look forward to Worthwhile becoming the Daily Show of Comedy Central for the magazine world!? bring it on.
lee wilder - 4/27/2004 4:18:30 PM
Well, can I now expect Worthwhile to be the Jon Stewart show of the magazine rack!!!??! bring it on!
lee wilder - 4/27/2004 4:17:54 PM